Respiratory Sessions at AIHce 2009
AIHce 2009 online registration opened last month, and anticipation is growing for the largest IH-related professional conference and trade show
of the year. It will take place in downtown Toronto, Canada -- a relaxed and eclectic city that has a vibrant downtown/lakefront area. (The accompanying photo comes from Tourism Toronto.)
The meeting will include a Green Pavilion -- a special area of the trade show floor where exhibitors who manufacture or provide an environmentally friendly product or service can exhibit, with a special display for attendees, "An Interactive Green Building Display: From Blueprint to Footprint."
The expo takes place in Halls D and E of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre's South Building. Expo hours are Monday, June 1, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Tuesday, June 2, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.; and Wednesday, June 3, 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m
At least 11 educational sessions at AIHce 2009 are devoted to respiratory protection topics ranging from indoor environmental quality for health care facilities to a review of CBRN agents, exposure assessment for "hot work," and a respirator fit test workhop. The lineup includes:
Saturday, May 30, 2009 Professional Development Courses:
- PDC 108 Indoor Environmental Quality for the Healthcare Industry, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- PDC 109 Industrial Ventilation System Maintenance and Troubleshooting, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- PDC 110 Introduction to CBRN Agents, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- PDC 204 Exposure assessment during "hot work" in coated metal parts, 8:00 a.m. - noon
Sunday, May 31 PDCs:
- PDC 401 Advanced Design of Local Exhaust Ventilation Systems, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- PDC 402 Anticipation, Recognition, Evaluation and Control of Welding Health Hazards, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- PDC 403 ASHRAE 110 Testing and Management Practices for Safe And Energy Efficient Laboratory Hood Systems, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- PDC 405 Chemical Emergency Response: Preparation, Response, Mitigation and Return to Normal Operations, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- PDC 412 Isocyanates: Current Issues in Toxicology, Occupational Medicine, Industrial Hygiene and Regulation, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- PDC 417 Protecting Personnel from Pandemic Influenza, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- PDC 607 Respirator Fit Testing: Requirements and Interpretation, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.