AIHA Offering Virtual AIHce Sessions June 18-21
Among the topics to be covered are sustainability, building a stronger safety culture, GHS implementation, a professional ethics roundtable, welding fume studies, and OSHA’s involvement in health care.
Early bird registration continues until June 11 for the AIHce 2012 Virtual Tech Sessions, which will deliver some of the Indianapolis conference’s technical sessions virtually to attendees, wherever they are. The June 18-21 sessions offer up to 20.5 CM Credits for a price of $699 for AIHA members, $799 for non-members. After June 11, the prices rise by $100.
An unlimited number of participants may attend per site location, according to the AIHA page devoted to the Virtual Tech Sessions. Be warned: They are live broadcasts and will not be recorded or made available in an archive to be watched after the conference is over. The schedule follows.
- 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Sustainable Operations and Practices in Lab Environments
- 2 - 3 p.m., The Synergy of Environmental Health and Safety and Sustainability
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., How to Build a Health and Safety Culture Through PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) Approach
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Welding Industrial Survey, Fume Generation and Characterization Studies
- 3:00-4:00 p.m., OSHA in Health Care: Out of Sight and Out of Mind?
- 4:30-5:30 p.m., Top Eight Chemical Management Errors and How to Fix Them
10 - 11 a.m., Assessing Your Safety and Health Management System
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., What Is Wrong with Mandatory Safety Training (and How to Fix It)!
- 1:30 – 3 p.m., Emerging Issues — Carbon Monoxide: A Persistent Problem
- 5 - 7:30 p.m., How to Effectively Implement the New Hazcom (GHS) — A Chemical User’s Perspective
- 8:30 - 11 a.m., Global Professional Ethics Roundtable Discussion
- 1 - 4:30 p.m., Radiation Emergency Response and Annual Memorial Tribute to Dr. Herman Cember
Information about speakers and detailed descriptions of the sessions are available at the web page. Registration closes Friday, June 15.