ACCSH to Consider GHS Proposal for Classifying, Labeling Chemicals
The Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health, which advises OSHA in the formulation of standards and policy matters affecting the construction industry, will meet Sept. 11-12, in Washington, D.C. All ACCSH meetings are open to the public.
The meeting's agenda includes:
- Comments from the Office of the Assistant Secretary;
- ACCSH's consideration of and recommendations on the following proposed rule: Globally Harmonized System--Revision of OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard to adopt the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS);
- Construction Standards Update--OSHA, Directorate of Construction;
- Occupational Injury, Illness, Fatality, and related OSHA data, overview--Bureau of Labor Statistics and OSHA, Directorate of Evaluation and Analysis;
- Mast Climbing Scaffold Update, The Center for Construction Research and Training;
- Cooperative Programs Update--OSHA Challenge, Voluntary Protection Program Mobile Work Force Demonstration (VPP-C)--OSHA, Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs;
- Work Group Reports, Work Group and Committee Administration; and
- Public Comment Period.
The two-day meeting will be preceded by two days of ACCSH Work Group meetings, Sept. 9-10, which are also open to the public. For general information about ACCSH and ACCSH meetings, contact OSHA's Michael Buchet, OSHA, at (202) 693-2020. For information about submitting comments or requests to speak to ACCSH, and for special accommodations for the meetings, contact Veneta Chatmon at OSHA's Office of Communications, (202) 693-1999.