AIHA Launching Improved Website
Members' feedback contributed to the navigation, search, and mobile-friendly access improvements that will be visible on May 6.
AIHA® announced it will launch an improved website at www.aiha.org on May 6. Members' feedback contributed directly to the new improvements, according to its announcement, including navigation, search capability, and mobile-friendly access. The association used surveys, focus groups, and usability studies "to better understand how members use the website and to pinpoint the site's current limitations. The result is a more intuitive website that will help you find the content you’re looking for faster," it promises.
Among the notable improvements is the new "My Profile" page that replaces the current member Web portal. This new My Profile page is a one-stop shop from which AIHA members will be able to:
- View and edit contact information
- View membership information
- Renew their membership
- See a list of volunteer groups in which they participate, including committees, local sections, and SIGs
- Keep track of AIHA courses and events they are registered for and view other upcoming events
- Access their educational transcript directly
- View downloads and transactions right on the page
For non-members, the new profile page offers a direct link to apply for membership. Non-members will be able to log in and use the new profile page to view and edit contact information and access their educational transcript.
Also, the AIHA SharePoint communities are not being transitioned to the new website environment as quickly as originally planned. Members can continue to use the current communities until further notice, and the association reported it plans to have the new communities live by July 1.