Final Days to Vote in Target's Non-profits Contest
A $3 million charitable donation to the American Red Cross and several other organizations is up for grabs, with May 25 being the last day to vote in the "Bullseye Gives" campaign on Facebook.
A big Facebook contest is giving the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, and several other non-profits a shot at a $3 million donation. Through May 25, Target's "Bullseye Gives" campaign lets members of the public vote once per day on Facebook for the charity of their choice, and the non-profits are pushing hard for votes.
Besides the Red Cross and Salvation Army, the organizations are the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Feeding America, HandsOn Network/Points of Light, Institute Hospital, Kids In Need Foundation, National Park Foundation, Operation Gratitude, Parent Teacher Association, and St. Jude Children’s Research.
The Red Cross gave this explanation of the voting process:
1. Login or Sign Up on Facebook.
2. Visit www.facebook.com/target.
3. Click "Submit Vote" button next to your choice.
4. If this is your first time voting, a box will appear that asks you to "Accept" this application. Accept it. For subsequent votes, this step will be skipped, and you'll be navigated directly to step 6.
5. A box will appear that allows you to type a message to your Facebook friends telling them why you voted as you did and encouraging them to do the same thing.
6. Repeat these steps every 24 hours through May 25.
The percentage of votes each organization receives will be its portion of the $3 million. Final results will be announced May 26.
For more information about the campaign, visit the Red Cross blog at www.redcrosschat.org.