NFPA Starting Webinar Series Sept. 9
The National Fire Protection Association will start a new series of $99 webinars on Sept. 9, with seven presentations taking place before the end of September. Topics include changes in the 70E worker protection standard's 2009 edition, propane safety, mass notification, and portable fire extinguisher requirements.
NFPA staffers and industry leaders will present the 60- to 90-minute sessions, the announcement said. The schedule available at www.nfpawebinars.org lists these dates:
* September 9: Elevator Recall for Fire Services
* September 11: Mass Notification
* September 16: Propane Safety
* September 18: Understanding Fire Codes Governing Use of Composite Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs) for Storage of Combustible Liquids
* September 23: NFPA 70E 2009: Key Changes
* September 25: Understanding Requirements for Portable Fire Extinguishers
* September 30: Motor and Instrument Control Circuit Compliance in Industrial Environments
"Web-based learning offers professionals another way to enhance their knowledge and skill set on topics of great importance to their jobs," said Lorraine Carli, NFPA's vice president of communications. "Best of all, these live sessions allow participants to interact with speakers, and no special software is needed."