AIHA Seeks PDC Proposals for AIHce 2008
The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) recently announced that it is accepting proposals for professional development courses (PDCs) to be held Saturday and Sunday, May 31-June 1, 2008, in conjunction with the 2008 American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Expo (AIHce) in Minneapolis. The deadline for submissions is Aug. 15, 2007.
PDCs provide information on new standards, regulations, and innovations in technology; traditional occupational and safety issues; new chemical and biological threats; and upcoming career challenges.
Areas of interest to AIHA include:
- Consulting topics, which includes legal, choosing the best business model, insurance, small-business taxes, and best negotiation practices
- Health care
- International standards and their effect on businesses in the U.S. and abroad
- Noise issues
- Presentation techniques for selling yourself and your ideas
- Legal, regulatory, and occupational standards
- Instrumentation techniques
- Environmental trends and issues
- Emerging trends and issues
Additional topics are available at www.aiha.org/callforpdcs.htm.
For more information, contact Bruce Hermit, AIHA's continuing education coordinator, at (703) 846-0752 or [email protected]. AIHA's online PDC submission site, www.aiha.org/callforpdcs.htm, will open on Friday, June 29, 2007.