Werner Ladder Sponsors Ladder Safety Month this March
March is National Ladder Safety Month—nearly five weeks of creating awareness of ladder hazards and training resources.
March 2020 is National Ladder Safety Month, and Werner Ladder is helping sponsoring it.
Every year over 100 people die in ladder-related accidents, and thousands suffer disabling injuries. Participate in the fourth annual National Ladder Safety Month between February 23 and March 31.
Werner’s media release and the American Ladder Institute’s (ALI) website said it best:
“National Ladder Safety Month is the only movement dedicated exclusively to the promotion of ladder safety, at home and at work. Help us bring awareness to the importance of the safe use of ladders through resources, training and a national dialogue.”
Weekly focus areas are highlighted to spark the dialogue on preventable ladder accidents:
- February 23 – February 29: What is Ladder Safety?
- March 1 – 7: Ladder Safety Trainings and Year Round Partners
- March 8 – 14: Ladder Safety at Work
- March 15 – 21: Ladder Safety at Home
- March 22 – 28: Ladder Inspection and Disposal
According to ALI, the goals of National Ladder Safety Month are to:
- Increase the number of ladder safety training certificates issued by ALI
- Increase the frequency that ladder safety training modules are viewed on www.laddersafetytraining.org
- Lower the rankings of ladder-related safety citations on OSHA’s yearly “Top 10 Citations List”
- Decrease number of ladder-related injuries and fatalities
- Increase the number of in-person ladder trainings
- Increase the number of companies and individuals that inspect and properly dispose of old, damaged or obsolete ladders
As a national sponsor, Werner Ladder will take part in the initiative by offering free online training, safety videos, sharing ladder safety tips through digital outreach, and offering a FREE Safety Training or Product Demo.