#VPPPA32 Offers Full Day of Construction Safety Guidance
On Aug. 30, there eight hours of presentations devoted to construction safety topics divided into morning and afternoon sessions in the Sun C Ballroom.
The 32nd Annual National VPPPA Safety & Health Conference, taking place Aug. 29-Sept. 1 at the Gaylord Palms & Convention Center in Kissimmee, Fla., may as well be titled "All About Construction Safety 2016," for one day, at least. On Aug. 30, there eight hours of presentations devoted to construction safety topics divided into morning and afternoon sessions in the Sun C Ballroom. Their topics cover a wide range of common construction hazards.
The lineup, according to VPPPA's pre-show conference program:
8 a.m. to 12 noon
- 8 a.m.: "Working at Heights," Gary Duncan, Safway Scaffolding
- 8:45 a.m.: "Rescue is Essential to your Fall Protection Program," Craig Firl and Jim Hutter, Capital Safety
- 9:30 a.m.: "Hazard Awareness," Brad Gibson, S&B Engineers
- 10:15 a.m.: "A Focus on Human Factors . . . The Key to 'Winning the Wars on DROPS,'" Brian Brurud
- 11:00 a.m.: "Safe Digging Practices," Brad Martin, Sunshine 811
1 to 5 p.m.
- 1 p.m: "Crane, Rigging and Signalman," Patty Bird, NCCER
- 2 p.m.: "Construction Confined Space," Norman Deitch and Brian Bennett, EHS Excellence Consulting
- 3 p.m.: "Dropped Objects," Nate Bohmbach, Ergodyne
- 4 p.m.: "Global Harmonization," Glenn Trout, VelocityEHS