'Fire Protection for a Changing World' Symposium Presentations Available
The Fire Protection Research Foundation hosted the event April 18 in Munich, Germany.
The Fire Protection Research Foundation has made nine presentations from its recent "Symposium on Fire Protection for a Changing World" available free online. The foundation hosted the symposium April 18 in Munich, Germany, hosting insurers, fire protection equipment manufacturers, engineers, academics, and fire service representatives to discuss the fire protection challenges of new hazards, big data for fire protection applications, and much more.
Presentations from the event can be found here at the foundation's website.
- "Trends Impacting Fire Protection," Dr. Guillermo Rein, Imperial College, United Kingdom
- "Emergency Responder Perspective for the 21st Century," Chief Albrecht Broemme, Federal Agency for Technical Relief, Germany
- "Economic and Environmental Impacts of Fire Events," Dr. Francine Amon, SP, Sweden
- "Intelligent Building Design for the 21st Century," Peter Weismantle, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture LLP, USA
- "Fire Protection for Tall Wood Buildings," Birgit Östman, SP, Sweden
- "Wind Turbine Fire Protection," Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Henry Seifert, Hochschule Bremerhaven; University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- "Electrical Energy Storage: Lithium-Ion Batteries," Ben Ditch, FM Global, USA