Chilworth Technology Takes PSM Training to China
The company is offering nine courses focused on process safety, combustible dusts, process hazard analysis, and preventing flash fires and explosions in six cities this year.
Chilworth Technology is offering process safety training courses in six Chinese cities this year -- Shanghai, Shenzhen, Nanjing, Tianjin, Hangzhou, and Qingdao, and the company also announced it has launched a Chinese website, www.chilworth.cn, to assist industrial companies there. The company says its training courses in China are designed for industries including agrochemicals, chemicals, food processing, metals, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, and plastics.
These are the courses:
- Beyond Compliance: Development and Implementation of PSM in the Workplace
- Understanding and Controlling Electrostatic Hazards
- Safe Handling and Processing of Combustible Dusts
- Chemical Reactivity Hazard During Process Scale-Up
- Mitigating Flash Fires and Explosions
- Process Hazard Analysis Team Member
- Process Hazard Analysis Team Leader
- The Value of Layers of Protection Analysis in Risk Reduction
- Quantitative Risk Analysis
A brochure describing the course contents, cities, and dates is available here.
"Given the rapid growth of process industries throughout China, we believe it is very important to share our knowledge of best practices in process safety engineering and process safety management in these industries," said Vahid Ebadat, CEO of Chilworth North America. "Chilworth's process safety consulting, testing, and training services are designed to meet the needs of Chinese as well as multinational companies with operations in China that require integrated, consistent information and services tailored to local operational and regulatory requirements and cultures."