EASNA Seeking Presenters for 2012 Conference
Employee assistance's involvement in a safe work environment is one of the topics of interest to the society's Curriculum Committee for the 24th Annual EASNA Institute in Calgary next year.
The Sept. 23 deadline for submitting a presentation to the Arlington, Va.-based Employee Assistance Society of North America for delivery at its 24th Annual EASNA Institute is fast approaching. The event will take place April 25-27, 2012, at the Fairmont Palliser Hotel in Calgary, Canada, and EASNA says this is a much earlier deadline for submissions than usual
Speakers and panelists selected will be notified during the first week in October, and the final curriculum will be posted on the event's website Oct. 11. The submission form and additional details about the event are available at the EASNA website by clicking on the Institute banner at the top of the page.
EASNA's Curriculum Committee is particularly interested in these proposal topics:
- Best practices and innovative approaches in global employee assistance
- Employee assistance involvement in the safe work environment
- Addiction identification, relapse prevention, policy
- Innovations in service delivery, such as social media, on-site services, and technology to engage employees
- Employee assistance advocacy
- Identifying and measuring employee assistance quality
- Using EAP to develop and support a culture of health
- Building resources for managing stress and resiliency
- Addressing the intersection of physical and mental health to build high-performing businesses
- Program evaluation and metrics
Proposals will be accepted for a full-day Pre Institute Professional Development training on April 25, as well as 90-minute general essions April 26-27 and 90-minute breakout workshops April 26-27.