Free Hearing Conservation Seminars Set in Georgia, Tennessee
Sperian Hearing Protection, LLC/Howard Leight’s Dr. Theresa Schulz is presenting four “HearForever™: Best Practices in Hearing Conservation” seminars in early April, the company announced.
Four free "HearForever™: Best Practices in Hearing Conservation" seminars are being presented in early April to help Tennessee and Georgia employers improve their hearing protection programs and prevent noise-induce hearing loss among their workers.
The seminar presenter is Sperian Hearing Protection, LLC/Howard Leight’s Dr. Theresa Schulz, who is a past president of the National Hearing Conservation Association and past chair of the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation. The sessions are designed for industrial hygienists, occupational health and safety professionals, safety managers, audiologists, and liability and risk management professionals. Continuing Education Units credits will be available for members of AIHA and ASSE. Schulz will address:
- Basics of noise-induced hearing loss
- Key elements of an effective hearing conservation program
- Impending changes to the Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) and how they affect employers
- Selecting and fitting hearing protectors
- Employee motivation and training techniques/resources
- New hearing conservation innovations and technologies
The seminars will run from 9 a.m. to noon, with registration and a complimentary breakfast starting at 8 a.m., at these locations:
- Monday, April 4 -- Savannah, Ga., DoubleTree Hotel Historic Savannah
- Tuesday, April 5 -- Macon, Ga., Holiday Inn Macon North
- Wednesday, April 6 -- Chattanooga, Tenn., Chattanooga Marriott at the Convention Center
- Thursday, April 7 -- Memphis, Tenn., Hyatt Place Memphis Germantown
To register, visit this site.