National Safety Council Recognizes "40 Under 40"
The National Safety Council has announced the 40 honorees for its Rising Stars of Safety program, recognizing the safety leadership of young safety professionals. The program aims to meaningfully engage tomorrow's safety leaders in addressing current and future safety challenges. This year's honorees were chosen from almost 200 nominations.
"We are pleased to recognize the next generation of safety leaders," said Janet Froetscher, president and CEO of National Safety Council. "These leaders of tomorrow have innovative ideas and offer fresh, valuable perspectives. We want to reach out to them and engage them in ongoing dialogue to continue to bring the best ideas to the safety industry."
Honorees were recognized at the opening session of the 2010 NSC Congress & Expo in San Diego on Oct. 4 among more than 10,000 of their safety peers.
The 40 honorees for 2010 are:
- Jon Atteberry: Corporate Senior Safety Support Manager, Zachry
- Michelle Baber: Senior Consultant of Safety, Allegheny Energy
- Lydell Banks: Location Safety Manager, First Student
- Richard Beauregard: Director of Safety, Health and Environmental, Avecia Biotechnology Inc.
- Craig Bellew: Project Health, Safety, Security Environmental Manager, CH2M HILL
- Troy Bonar: Safety Coordinator, Buffalo Gap Instrumentation and Electrical Co. Inc.
- Shelley Brown: District SHE Manager, AECOM West Region
- Kris Chipman: Safety Professional, Cianbro Fabrication & Coating
- Andrew Clements: Environmental Safety & Health Manager – Mid Atlantic, The Shaw Group
- Rebecca Cranford: EHS Manager – Alcoa Cleveland Works Co., Alcoa Inc.
- Landon Depue: EHS Engineer, Intel Corp.
- Jeremy DeWitt: Regional Safety and Industrial Hygiene Resource, DuPont – North America Region
- Michael Doucette: Director of Safety, Russell Construction
- Sara Eschborn: HSE Communications Lead, Fluor
- Kenneth Grace: Safety Manager – Alcoa Power and Propulsion Business Unit, Alcoa Inc.
- Carrie Haasl: Safety Specialist, Rice Lake Weighing Systems
- Justin Harrison: Operations Integrity Engineer, ExxonMobil Production Co.
- Stephen Hehr: Manager, Safety and Health, American Electric Power
- Aaron Jones: Health and Safety Manager, Spectra Energy
- Christopher Kardos: Director of Safety and Loss Control, UNIBAR Services Inc.
- Steve Katch: District Health and Safety Manager, UPS
- Sean Kline: Safety Manager, Maersk Line Ltd.
- Sandra Kolberg: Manager, Health and Safety, Maersk Distribution Services – Canada
- Dana Lamprey: Safety Coordinator, New Hampshire Ball Bearings, Astro Division
- Chad Letendre: Principal Safety, Health and Environment Rep. – Program Manager, BAE Systems, Electronic Solutions
- Deyanira Luna Tijerina: Safety and Health Coordinator, Navistar Inc. – Escobedo Truck Assembly Plant
- Camille Major: Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer, Raytheon Co., Network Centric Systems
- David McPeak: Safety Coordinator, Pike Electric Inc.
- Beauregard Middaugh: Industrial Hygienist/EHS Intern Manager, E&B Paving Inc.
- Christopher Murphy: Safety Manager, Henkels & McCoy
- Roderick Nadeau: Loss Prevention Consultant, Peerless Insurance, member of Liberty Mutual Group
- Emad Rahim: Section Head – Fire and Safety, Bahrain National Gas Co.
- Jennifer Sanchez: Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, Raytheon Co., Raytheon Missile System
- Krista Scarborough: Senior Safety and Health Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S.
- Brandon Shafer: Area Human Resources Manager, UPS Freight Truckload
- Kevin Slates: Clinical Assistant Professor of Safety and Health, Indiana University
- Ryan Spies: Safety and Environmental Manager, Rock Road Companies Inc.
- Kyle Sullivan: Manager, Health and Safety (GM North America), General Motors LLC
- Natalie Turner: Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge of Mishap Prevention, U.S. Air Force – Royal Air Force Mildenhall
- Zeke Wilmot: Safety and Health Manager, EnergySolutions – Clive Facility