Crane & Hoist Conference Set to Debut in Houston
The first Industrial Crane and Hoist Conference will take place May 26-27 at the Crowne Plaza Houston/North Greenspoint Hotel in Houston, Texas. The conference will be held in conjunction with Reach Expo 2010, a two-day exposition for suppliers of rigging gear, training services, software products, and other crane-related components and accessories.
According to conference producer Maximum Media LLC, publisher of Industrial Lift and Hoist, the event will feature a variety of noted professionals in the overhead crane and rigging industry. CICB President Craig Epperson will deliver the keynote address. Other presentations include:
- "Review of Wire Rope Applications used in the Overhead Lifting Industry," by Brad Benner, vice president and general manager at Alps Wire Rope Corporation;
- "The Advantages and Disadvantages of Third Party vs. In-house Crane Inspectors," a panel discussion moderated by Katie Parrish, editor of Industrial Lift and Hoist;
- "Inspection Techniques for Technicians," by Richard Warriner, vice president and general manager of Engineered Solutions, Ace World Companies;
- "Rigging for Success," by Michael J. Gelsky Sr, founder and CEO of Lift-It Mfg. Co.;
- "Application Guidelines and Benefits of Chain Hoists," by Scott Miller, VP of operations at Harrington Hoists;
- "Overhead Crane Component Aging & Obsolescence," by Pete Richards, multi trade leader, and Fred Wolsey, P.E., system engineer, both at Bruce Power;
- "Block Inspection & Maintenance," by Danny Bishop, director of training at The Crosby Group;
- "Overhead Crane Operator Training and Certification," a panel discussion moderated by Richard Howes, managing editor of Overhead Crane & Hoist and Hoist magazines;
- "Plate Lift Clamps & Crane Blocks," by David Matthews, director of engineering and R&D at J.C. Renfroe & Sons Inc.;
- "Flathead vs. Tapered Tread Crane Wheels," by Richard Warriner, vice president and general manager of Engineered Solutions, Ace World Companies;
- "Safer Crane Bumpers -- A Comparison of AIST and CMAA Standards," by Tom Berringer, project manager at Gantrex;
- "Safe Design and Use of Custom-made Below-the-Hook Devices," by Al Abel, lifting specialist for Mazella Lifting; and
- "Overhead Load Protection and Weighing Solutions," (speaker to be announced).
For more information and registration, visit www.reachexpo2010.com or contact Mark Bridger at email@example.com or (480) 231-9672.