PCIH 2009 Heads to Vancouver
Industrial hygienists and environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals will gather in Vancouver, Canada, for the Professional Conference on Industrial Hygiene (PCIH), Oct. 3-6, 2009. PCIH will host more than 350 colleagues and is intended to help professionals stay abreast of current trends, find solutions to pressing issues, and network with experienced colleagues. Plus, attendees can earn up to 6 CM points.
PCIH is sponsored by the American Industrial Hygiene Association's (AIHA®) Academy of Industrial Hygiene, a group dedicated to advancing the industrial hygiene profession by raising the level of competence of industrial hygienists.
Highlights planned for the 2009 conference include:
- A pre-conference exposure assessment symposium, Oct. 1-2, to provide a solid foundation for gauging occupational and environmental exposure risks
- A slate of professional development courses (PDCs) consistently ranked in the top ten at previous American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition and PCIH conferences
- Interactive breakfast and luncheon discussions on nanotechnology, occupational exposure limits, combustible dust, confined spaces, and more
- The ability to customize your time at PCIH by choosing from various Solutions Workshops, Thinkshops, and Concurrent Sessions
- Opening Session Insights on the Best Way Forward: The Future of Occupational Safety and Health presented by Dr. John Howard, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Free technical tours of the Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia and the Vancouver Shipyards
- Opportunities to network at the Sunday get-together at Steamworks Pub, the Welcome Reception in the Expo, the Meet 'n' Greet Lounge, and other planned events
"This truly is a unique gathering of some of the most experienced industrial hygiene professionals, where cutting-edge issues of critical importance to the profession are presented and debated," said Academy President Jaswant Singh, Ph.D., CIH. The multi-faceted format (podium presentations, breakfast and luncheon discussions, and workshops) provides unique opportunities to network and interact with other senior professionals."
Advance registration ends Aug. 24. For more information, go to www.pcih2009.org.