ASTM International Introduces New Edition of Fire Standards Book
The 7th edition of ASTM International Fire Standards and Related Technical Material is now available in print and CD-ROM, providing 246 ASTM standards, seven California Technical Bulletins, eight CFRs, and eight FM Global Fire Test Methods. ASTM describes the book as "a valuable technical resource for building code officials, fire services, the fire research community, fire prevention engineers, fire testing laboratories, manufacturing companies, and all of those who are interested in the issue of fire safety and fire testing."
Documents in the new edition include test methods, practices, specifications, and guides used to analyze and assess fire performance of materials, products, and systems within their relevant environment. Standards cover the fire properties (including ignition, burning rate, flame spread, heat and smoke release) of:
- Construction materials, including wall, window, and door assemblies; wall coverings and other interior finish; gypsum wallboard; and thermal insulation;
- furniture and furnishings;
- electrical and optical fiber cables;
- apparel and textiles;
- petroleum products;
- fire retardancy of paints;
- wood products;
- products present in ships and in detention facilities; and
- consumer products such as lighters, candles, and children's playgrounds.
Copies are available for $365 from ASTM Customer Service, phone (610) 832-9585, fax (610) 832-9555, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or online at www.astm.org.