National Safety Council Recognizes Safety Award Winners
SAN DIEGO – Today, the National Safety Council honored six inpiduals with its Distinguished Service to Safety Award, the highest award given to safety professionals by the Council. The Council also presented the 2019 Robert W. Campbell Award. Recipients were honored at the Opening Session of the NSC Congress & Expo in San Diego, California – the largest annual gathering of safety and health professionals worldwide.
“This year’s group of DSSA winners exemplify a true commitment to furthering safety and health excellence,” said Lorraine M. Martin, president and CEO of the National Safety Council. “We are honored to recognize them for their work and hope they inspire others to make their own contributions to the field.”
Honorees are nominated by their colleagues and reviewed by NSC pision Committees. The following inpiduals were selected for recognition this year:
* Michael Lee Ballard: Deputy chief, air force occupational safety, United States Air Force
* Darryl C. Hill, PhD., CSP: Senior vice president, safety, FirstGroup America
* Travis M. Parsons: Associate director of occupational safety and health, Laborers' Health & Safety Fund of North America
* Douglas C. Pontsler: Chairman and managing director, COVE: Center of Visual Expertise
* James M. Sievert: President/senior trainer, Sievert Safety Training LLC & NSCNNE
* Donald D. Taylor: Global H&S, medical manager, Nexteer Automotive
The Council also presented the 2019 Robert W. Campbell Award to Parsons Corporation (NYSE:PSN) at the NSC Congress & Expo. Campbell Award winners are an elite group of organizations that have successfully integrated environmental, health and safety (EHS) management with business operations as a cornerstone of corporate excellence.
“Parsons employees work in all types of environments, and their leadership has ensured these workers are safe no matter where they are,” said Lorraine M. Martin, president and CEO of the National Safety Council. “Its innovative approaches to EHS excellence make it an ideal recipient of our most prestigious safety award. We are proud to honor them, and we appreciate all they do for their employees and the world.”
More about the NSC awards programs can be found at nsc.org/awards.