National Safety Council Adds Nine New Board Members
"These men and women bring a wealth of experience to the board," its chairman, Mark Vergnano, said Oct. 21.
HOUSTON -- The National Safety Council announced the addition of nine new members to its board of directors here on Oct. 21 as the 2018 #NSCexpo got under way. Mark Vergnano, CEO and president of The Chemours Company, remains chairman of the board.
The Congress & Expo shifted into high gear on Oct. 22, with the opening session and an Executive Forum focused on EHS in the future of the workplace -- a discussion that promised to touch on wearables, automation, drones, virtual reality, Big Data, the Internet of Things, and more.
The nine new members are:
- David B. Burritt, president and CEO of United States Steel Corp.
- David Dickson, president and CEO of McDermott International, Inc.
- Ursula English, vice president of environment, health and safety for the Boeing Co.
- Michelle Garner-Janna, executive director of corporate health and safety for Cummins Inc.
- James Merendino, vice president and general manager of risk control for Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Jerry Wascom, vice president of operational excellence, safety, security, health and environment for Exxon Mobil Corp.
- Shelley Scalzo Brown, director of safety, health, and environment for AECOM
- David Daniels, safety officer with DeKalb County for Georgia's Department of Watershed Management
- Rod Hamson, president of the Utah Safety Council
"These men and women bring a wealth of experience to the board, and their knowledge will go a long way toward making our world safer for all," said Vergnano.