Council Recognizes Five with Distinguished Service to Safety Awards
The honorees were chosen by Divisions, which are industry-specific National Safety Council volunteer groups.
INDIANAPOLIS -- The National Safety Council honored five individuals on Sept. 25 with Distinguished Service to Safety Awards, the highest award the council presents to safety professionals. This year’s five recipients were honored during the Opening Session of the 2017 NSC Congress & Expo.
“This year’s winners have redefined success for everyone in the safety world,” said Deborah A.P. Hersman, president and CEO of the council. “Their commitment to safety is truly remarkable, and we are honored to shine a spotlight on their achievements.”
The honorees are chosen by Divisions, which are industry-specific NSC volunteer groups. They are:
- Adele L. Abrams, CMSP, president, Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C.
- John Brodbeck II, CSP, president, Mississippi Safety Services, Inc.
- Twana McFann, safety technician, City of Columbus Department of Public Utilities Occupational Safety & Health Department
- Steve Pomponi, CSP, senior safety consultant, PSA Insurance & Financial Services
- Gary E. Tellish, CSP, CET, CUSP, safety and training manager, Quanta Services, Inc.
For more information about NSC awards programs, visit nsc.org/awards.