FEMA Preparedness Awards Deadline Days Away
April 10 is the deadline for the 2015 Individual and Community Preparedness Awards.
The deadline to apply for the Federal Emergency Management Agency's 2015 Individual and Community Preparedness Awards is just 12 days away: 11:59 p.m. EST on April 10. Applications must feature program activities taking place between Jan. 1, 2014, and April 10, 2015. Applications should be submitted to [email protected]
According to FEMA, these awards "highlight innovative local practices and achievements by recognizing individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions toward making their communities safer, stronger, better prepared, and more resilient."
FEMA will review and choose the finalists. A panel of representatives from the emergency management community will pick the winners in each of these categories:
- Outstanding Citizen Corps Council
- Community preparedness heroes
- Awareness to action
- Technological innovation
- Outstanding achievement in youth preparedness
- Preparing the whole community
- Outstanding community emergency response team initiatives
- Outstanding Citizen Corps partner program
- Excellence in volunteer sustainability
Winners will be announced in fall 2015 and will be FEMA's guests at a community preparedness roundtable event. More information about the awards is available at http://www.ready.gov/citizen-corps/citizen-corps-awards.