FEMA Seeks National Advisory Council Applicants
It seeks applicants with emergency management, emergency response, and cybersecurity expertise. Appointments are for three-year terms to end Aug. 15, 2018.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency is inviting experienced individuals who are interested in serving on its National Advisory Council to apply for a position there. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Eastern time Feb. 16. The council is a federal advisory committee established to ensure effective and ongoing coordination of federal preparedness, protection, response, recovery, and mitigation for natural disasters, acts of terrorism, and other man-made disasters; it advises the FEMA administrator on all aspects of emergency management frameworks.
FEMA announced it will consider individuals for appointment in these disciplines:
- Elected State Government Officials (one representative appointment)
- In-Patient Medical Providers (one Special Government Employee appointment)
- Elected Local Government Officials (one representative appointment)
- Emergency Management (one representative appointment)
- Emergency Response Providers (two representative appointments)
- Cyber Security (one Special Government Employee appointment)
Appointments are for three-year terms to end Aug. 15, 2018. Anyone interested in serving is invited to apply to be considered for appointment by submitting a cover letter and a resume to the Office of the NAC by email, mail, or fax, with email being the preferred method of submission. Letters of recommendation may also be provided but are not required. The cover letter must include, at a minimum: the discipline area(s) of interest; current position title and organization; mailing address; a current telephone number; and an email address.
The council consists of up to 35 members. For more information or to apply, visit www.fema.gov/national-advisory-council.