Workrite Uniform Offers Top 10 Work Safety Resolutions for 2015
The FR apparel manufacturer's resolutions will help workers and safety managers make sure their safety clothing, equipment, and procedures work as hard as they do in 2015.
Workrite Uniform has written a list of its "Top 10 Work Safety Resolutions" for 2015, saying they'll help workers and safety managers ensure their safety clothing, equipment, and procedures are working as hard as they do next year.
1. Put safety first. Follow safety procedures and always wear flame-resistant (FR) clothing, and other personal protective equipment (PPE). It may just save your life.
2. Perform your hazard assessment. Knowing the potential hazards of your industry allows you to use the proper FR clothing and other PPE.
3. Conduct safety briefings before performing hazardous work. Safety briefings help to assure that safety protocols are followed when performing hazardous work.
4. Zip up, roll down, and tuck in all FR clothing. Following these simple rules will make sure you get the full protection provided by your FR clothing.
5. Never wear synthetic layers under FR clothing. Even clothing worn under FR garments can experience heat. Synthetic fabrics can melt onto skin and cause severe burn injuries.
6. Make sure you have the proper fit. Properly fitting FR clothing and other PPE will make it more effective in providing protection.
7. Wear your hard hat. Don't take your hard hat for granted! It protects one of the most important parts of your body.
8. Wear your safety glasses. Safety glasses may be easy to forget, but your eyes are irreplaceable. Wear them.
9. Use hearing protection. Loud noise may not have an immediate impact but, over time, it can cause major damage and hearing loss.
10. Wear fall restraints when working at height. Falls are one of the most common injuries, and fall restraints greatly minimize that risk of injury.
To share additional safety resolutions, go to www.facebook.com/WorkriteUniform. Founded in 1973, Workrite Uniform Company, Inc. has delivered high-quality flame-resistant workwear for more than 40 years. An ISO 9001:2008-certified company, Workrite Uniform is an affiliate of Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Co. ("Dickies").