Free ACA Webinar Offered for Employers
Benefits attorneys from Fisher & Phillips LLP, an employment law firm with offices in 27 U.S. cities, will present the webinar July 2.
Wasting no time, the labor and employment law firm Fisher & Phillips LLP has announced a free, one-hour webinar at noon EDT on July 2 to help employers prepare for the full implementation of the Affordable Care Act. The webinar's title is "Healthcare Reform Upheld –- Time to Get to Work."
OSH professionals will remember the firm's name because Edwin G. Foulke Jr., an OSHA administrator during the presidency of George W. Bush, joined Fisher & Phillips' Atlanta office when the left the agency.
The firm's June 29 announcement says some of its benefits attorneys will present the webinar and will help employers understand:
- The employer "play or pay" mandate
- New nondiscrimination and auto enrollment requirements
- The impact on plan design and costs beginning in 2014
- Disposition of Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) rebates
- New Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) disclosure requirement
- Reporting the cost of group health plan coverage on W-2 forms
- Other items employers need to focus on to get their group health plans in order
Registration is required and can be accomplished by visiting this website. Once registration is completed, the registrant will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to join the webinar. The firm says participation in the webinar has been approved for one hour of HRCI credit.