This workshop will train participants to utilize ProAct Safety's proven Lean BBS methodologies for facilitating an implementation. Most importantly, it will prepare the attendees to anticipate and address the issues that can challenge the success to Behavior-Based Safety approaches. Participants will be able to identify opportunities to minimize the perception of change, achieve the quickest success possible, and ensure long-term process sustainability.
This approach is much for than a train-the-trainer course, which are typically intended to teach individuals to simply deliver training on Behavior-Based Safety. Every site will have its own unique challenges and cultures. To allow the internal consultants the most opportunities for success, it is extremely important they understand and internalize the strategies to identify the site-specific variables that have become, or could become, problematic barriers.
Lean BBS utilizes aspects of performance and quality systems to drastically reduce the typical internal resource requirements of a Behavior-Based Safety process. Lean Behavior-Based Safety® focuses on leveraged use of resources resulting in quicker and more sustainable results in a shorter time, with less disruption to operations, and less resistance from workers and unions.
Participants will leave this workshop with the knowledge and skills to:
- Conduct an assessment to determine site readiness
- Strategically plan a custom implementation of BBS
- Appropriately select steering team members and observers
- Manage and coach the team through a BBS implementation or expansion
- Ensure site leaders understand the process and adapt the process to the specific needs and culture of the site
- Develop a site-specific checklist or focus of behaviors and precautions that will have the greatest impact on accident prevention
- Choose from multiple observation and feedback strategies to ensure a customized approach that best fits their organization and challenges
- Build a management-support infrastructure to ensure long-term success
- Hold kickoff activities to start the BBS process
- Monitor and audit the process to keep it on course
- Continuously improve the process