NSC Presents Distinguished Service to Safety, Marion Martin Awards
The DSSA is the highest award given to individuals by the National Safety Council.
HOUSTON -- The National Safety Council presented some of its top awards Oct. 22 during the opening session at the George R. Brown Convention Center. Six people received the Distinguished Service to Safety Award, the highest award given to individuals by the council, and the Marion Martin Award also was presented.
The 2018 DSSA winners were:
- Mack Cowan, scientific director, Texas Breath Alcohol Testing Program for the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Brian L. Fielkow, CEO, Jetco Delivery
- Glenn A. Murray, senior fellow, The Campbell Institute
- Tim Page-Bottorff, CSP, CET, senior consultant, SafeStart
- SMSgt B. Leubinka Romero, superintendent 55th Wing Safety Directorate, Offutt AFB, Nebraska
- Dave Trumble, vice president, Grey Bruce Labour Council (Ontario, CN)
The recipient of the 2018 Marion Martin Award, an annual award that celebrates the achievements of women in safety who have paved the way to success for other women in the profession, is Linda F. Martin, CSP, full-time faculty and online M.S. degree program coordinator at Keene State College's Department of Safety and Occupational Health Applied Sciences.