State Farm Offering Grants, Cars on Teen Safe Driving Day
The insurance company's Celebrate My Drive™ events on Sept. 15 at 13 "marquee gatherings" and additional events are intended to get communities supporting teens as they learn to drive.
Teens learning to drive and their school administrators have good reasons to participate in State Farm's Celebrate My Drive™ events on Saturday, Sept. 15. Besides possibly getting fired up about safe driving, the teens could win a new car, and their high schools could win $100,000 grants.
The events are intended to encourage communities "to rally around and support teens everywhere as they learn to drive and get ready for the road ahead. Learning to drive is a big first step in life's journey," according to the company's release about the events, which lists 13 "marquee gatherings" and allows visitors to search by ZIP code to find an event near them. The gatherings are:
- Arizona, Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall
- California, Westfield Culver City Mall
- Florida, The Florida Mall, Orlando
- Georgia, Mall of Georgia, Buford
- Illinois, Yorktown Center Mall, Lombard
- Kansas/Missouri, Oak Park Mall, Kansas City
- Minnesota, Ridgedale Center, Minnetonka
- Ohio, Westfield SouthPark Mall, Strongsville
- Toronto, Canada, Sherway Gardens
- Pennsylvania, King of Prussia Mall
- Texas, Stonebriar Centre, Frisco
- Washington state, Southcenter Mall, Tukwila
- Washington, D.C., Tysons Corner Center, McLean, Va.
Visit http://teendriving.statefarm.com/celebrate-my-drive for official rules and information.