Conference Attendees Name Their Favorite PDCs
Evaluations have been tallied for 58 weekend professional development courses (PDCs) offered at AIHce 2009 last week in Toronto. Participants gave the following 10 courses the highest ratings overall.
- 416—Noise Control Engineering
Instructors: Dennis Driscoll, PE, and Thomas Lloyd, both of Associates in Acoustics Inc., Driscoll in Evergreen, Colo., and Lloyd in Parker, Colo.
- 103—Community Noise
Instructors: Dennis Driscoll, PE, Associates in Acoustics Inc., Evergreen, Colo.; James Banach, OHC, Quest Technologies, a 3M Company, Oconomowoc, Wis.
- 415—Moving Out on Your Own – Developing a Successful OEHS Consulting Practice
Instructor: Pam Ferrante, CSP, CHMM, JC Safety & Environmental Inc., Pittsburgh
- 119—The Art of Safety – Mastering Advanced Communication Techniques
Instructor: Gary Phillips, MA, CRSP, CHRP, NW Training & Development, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
- 704—Creation, Measurement and Communication of EHS Business Value
Instructors: David Downs, CIH, CSP, QEP, CPEA, EHS Management Partners, LLC, Shorewood, Minn.; William Heim, CIH, CSP, Seagate Technology LLC, Shoreview, Minn.
- 402—Anticipation, Recognition, Evaluation and Control of Welding Health Hazards
Instructor: Mike Harris, Ph.D., CIH, Hamlin & Harris Inc., Baton Rouge, La.
- 702—Basic Electrical Safety with Application of NFPA 70E
Instructor: Paul Zoubek, CSP, CIH, Succeed Safety & Health Services Inc., San Diego
- 601—A Risk Management and Insurance Primer for Industrial Hygienists
Instructor: Robert Emery, CIH, CSP, CHP, University of Texas, Houston
- 418—Ramping up Your Hearing Protection and Jazzing up Your Hearing Conservation
Instructors: Elliott Berger, MS, INCE Board Certified, E-A-R / Aearo Technologies, Indianapolis, Ind.; Lee Hager, Sonomax/Aearo Technologies, Portland, Mich.; Laurie Wells, AuD, FAAA, Associates in Acoustics, Loveland, Colo.; Ted Madison, MS Audiology, CCC-A, 3M, St. Paul, Minn.
- 304—Noise Exposure Assessment: Sampling Strategy and Data Acquisition
Instructor: Lee Hager, Sonomax/Aearo, Portland, Mich.
AIHA says it offers these Top 10 Ratings as a competitive program to bolster the level of educational offerings at AIHce and promote occupational and environmental health and safety excellence with fresh, dynamic solutions. The association says PDCs provide information on new standards, regulations, and innovations in technology; traditional occupational and safety issues; new chemical and biological threats; and upcoming career challenges.
Detailed conference information is available at www.aihce2009.org. For more information, contact AIHA at (703) 849-8888.