AIHA Obtains IACET Authorized Provider Approval
The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) recently announced that it has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) through May 31, 2011.
In obtaining that approval, AIHA completed an extensive application, was reviewed by an IACET site visitor, and successfully demonstrated adherence to all American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/IACET Standards. In addition, AIHA has demonstrated that its educational offerings comply with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard, which is widely recognized standard of good practice internationally. As an Authorized Provider, AIHA is certified to approve and issue Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for all its educational offerings.
The ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard, which was approved by ANSI on Oct. 5, 2007, measures all aspects of an educational provider's program development including:
- the establishment of an appropriate responsibility and control system,
- the adoption of an analytic approach to establishing learning needs,
- a plan to establish and execute a quality learning event,
- the establishment of appropriate assessment criteria, and
- the need to monitor and improve the learning process to achieve desired learning outcomes.
For more information, visit www.aiha.org/Content/CE/ce.htm.