AIHA Releases Most Popular AIHce 2008 PDC List
Evaluations have been tallied for more than 84 weekend professional development courses (PDC) offered at the 2008 American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) in Minneapolis. Participants gave the following 10 courses the highest ratings overall.
- 419—Ramping Up Your Hearing Protection and Jazzing Up Your Hearing Conservation.
- 117—Noise Control Engineering
- 103—Anticipation, Recognition, Evaluation and Control of Welding Health Hazards
- 501—A Risk Management and Insurance Primer for Industrial Hygienists
- 502—Biological Monitoring: A How-To Guide
- 405—Bayesian Statistics: Overview and Applications in Industrial Hygiene Data
- 115—Investigative Photography for Safety and Health Professionals
- 410—Ethical Fitness: Choosing Between Right vs. Right
- 705—Exposure Assessment Strategies and Statistics
- 704—EH&S 101 for Healthcare: Basic Principles of Healthcare Safety and Practical Applications
The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) cosponsored AIHce. PDCs provide information on new standards, regulations, and innovations in technology; traditional occupational and safety issues; new chemical and biological threats; and upcoming career challenges.