AIHA Names 24 Fellow Award Winners
The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) recently announced that 24 AIHA members have been named 2007 Fellow Award winners, which are nominated by colleagues for outstanding work in occupational and environmental hygiene. The Fellow classification is limited to no more than 5 percent of the AIHA membership.
"It is a pleasure to present the AIHA Fellow Award to this year's winners," said AIHA President Frank M. Renshaw, Ph.D., CIH, CSP. "Their extraordinary accomplishments and contributions to the profession and to the association make this occasion very special."
New AIHA Fellows are:
- Hamid Arabzadeh, CIH, CSP, CHMM, REA – manager, environmental health and safety, University of California, Irvine; nominated by the AIHA Yuma Pacific Southwest Local Section.
- Carol Boraiko, MPH, Ph.D., CIH, CSP – associate professor, department of engineering technology and industrial studies, Middle Tennessee State University; nominated by the AIHA Biological Monitoring Committee.
- Michael T. Brandt, DrPH, CIH, PMP – deputy division leader, facility management/maintenance division, Los Alamos National Laboratory; nominated by Steven P. Levine, Ph.D., CIH.
- Stephen V. Chiusano, CIH – senior program analyst, U.S. Department of Defense; nominated by the AIHA Control Banding Working Group and the AIHA International Affairs Committee.
- J. Lindsay Cook, CIH, CSP – senior vice president, The EI Group, Inc.; nominated by the AIHA Z9 Accredited Standards Committee.
- Cynthia L. Ellwood, Ph.D., CIH – principal industrial hygienist, Associates in Occupational and Environmental Health, LLC; nominated by the AIHA Rocky Mountain Local Section.
- M. Cathy Fehrenbacher, CIH – chief, exposure assessment branch, office of pollution prevention and toxics; nominated by the AIHA Exposure Assessment Strategies Committee.
- Robert E. Glenn, CIH – consulting scientist, Crowell & Moring, LLP; nominated by John Henshaw, CIH, ROH, and Robert Wheeler, PE, BCEE.
- John T. Jankovic, CIH – industrial hygiene specialist, Oak Ridge National Laboratory; nominated by the AIHA Tennessee Valley Local Section.
- Jeffrey R. Jones, CIH – environmental compliance and safety supervisor, Port of Oregon; nominated by the AIHA Northern California Local Section.
- Janet L. Keyes, CIH – principal, CHESS, Inc.; nominated by the AIHA Construction Committee.
- Alan J. Leibowitz, CIH, CSP – director, environmental health and safety, ITT Industries; nominated by the AIHA Management Committee.
- Dina M. Matz, CIH, CSP – group leader, industrial hygiene and safety institutional programs, Los Alamos National Laboratory; nominated by the Rio Grande Local Section.
- Sarunas S. Mingela, CIH, ROH, CSP – occupational and environmental health specialist, Ford Motor Company; nominated by the Michigan Industrial Hygiene Society.
- Andrew F. Oberta, MPH, CIH – environmental consultant, The Environmental Consultancy; nominated by the Texas Hill Country Local Section.
- Nam Won Paik, DrPH, CIH – emeritus professor and dean, Seoul National University; nominated by Steven P. Levine, Ph.D., CIH.
- Charles C. Phillips Jr., CSP, MS, MPH, Ph.D., CIH, CHCM, CIAQ – director, occupational safety and health, American Technologies, Inc.; nominated by the Tennessee Valley Local Section.
- Elizabeth L. Pullen, CIH – industrial hygiene manager, Clariant Corporation; nominated by the AIHA Exposure Assessment Strategies Committee.
- Charles F. Redinger, Ph.D., MPA, CIH – president, Redinger and Associates, Inc.; nominated by the AIHA Management Committee.
- John F. Rekus, PE, MS, CIH, CSP – chief consulting industrial hygienist, John R. Rekus and Associates Ltd.; nominated by the AIHA Confined Spaces Committee.
- Frank S. Rosenthal, Ph.D., CIH – associate professor, Purdue University School of Health Sciences; nominated by Frank Mirer, Ph.D., CIH.
- Thomas A. Selders, Ph.D., CIH, CSP – consultant, Selders Consulting; nominated by the Texas Hill Country Local Section.
- Roger L. Wabeke, CIH, CHMM, PE – president, Chemical Risk Management; nominated by the Michigan Industrial Hygiene Society.
- Donald M. Weekes, CIH, CSP – certified industrial hygienist, InAIR Environmental Ltd.; nominated by the AIHA Indoor Environmental Quality Committee.
The nomination process for next year's Fellows begins in September. For more information, please contact Judy Keithline at (703) 846-0702 or email@example.com. Candidates must be AIHA members in good standing with at least 15 years of continuous membership and must be currently employed in industrial hygiene or a related field.