Eliminating Hospital Infections Takes Center Stage at APIC Conference
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (Washington, D.C.) will hold its 36th Annual Educational Conference and International Meeting June 7-11 at the Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) Convention Center. The largest event of its kind, the conference will focus on showcasing the latest advances in infection prevention and other health care challenges, APIC says.
Author and pediatric neurosurgeon Benjamin S. Carson, Sr., M.D., of Johns Hopkins Medical Institutes will be the conference's keynote speaker. He will be joined by a cadre of other experts making presentations at the event. Topics include:
- Eliminating health care-associated infections (HAIs): Strategies for success
- Healthcare 2019: Collaborative approaches to health care challenges in the decade ahead
- The science of compliance: Helping health care workers do what they know they should
- Multi-drug resistant gram negative bacteria: It's not just about MRSA
- Reducing infection risks and improving patient safety in ambulatory care
- Surgical site infections: Trials and tribulations
- Rising tide of HAI lawsuits
Click here to view the conference program and here to register. For more information, contact Liz Garman at (202) 454-2604 or email@example.com.