Montreal Respiratory Training Seminar Set for Oct. 6
The Americas Section of the International Society for Respiratory Protection will host a training seminar Oct. 6 in Montreal on current areas of interest in respiratory protection. The "Respiratory Protection Issues in Emergency Response and Healthcare" seminar is designed for emergency responders (police, fire and emergency medical services), occupational health and safety researchers, regulatory authorities, health care safety professionals, and manufacturers and suppliers of safety equipment. ISRP members who cannot attend the society's 14th Biennial Conference -- taking place Sept. 14-18, 2008, in Dublin, Ireland; visit www.isrp.com/dublin/index.html for details -- also are encouraged to attend.
Topics at the Montreal seminar will include:
* Updates on standards development in the United States, Canada, as well as ISO
* Selection of respiratory protective equipment and guidance information
* Respiratory protection for health care operations
* Equipment performance studies and comparisons
* An update from the conference in Dublin
The seminar will begin at 9 a.m., with registration opening 30 minutes earlier. Lunch will be provided and tabletop exhibits will be present. Visit www.amersectisrp.org for additional information.