Kimberly-Clark Launches Hurricane Preparedness Portal
With the 2008 hurricane season now underway--and with experts projecting a 90 percent chance of near- or above-normal activity--Kimberly-Clark Professional has established a hurricane preparedness portal on its Web site at at www.kc-safety.com/hurricanerelief. Known for its global brands of Kleenex, Scott, Kimcare, WypAll, KleenGuard, and Kimtech, the Roswell, Ga.-based health and hygiene company said the site is designed to help protect workers involved in hurricane response, cleanup, and remediation efforts.
"In severe weather situations, being prepared is crucial for the personal safety of workers involved in response and remediation efforts," said Randy Kates, general manager for the Kimberly-Clark Professional Safety Business. "The materials on our Web site provide a full range of information on what to do to prepare for a hurricane, where to turn for up-to-date information on a storm's progress, and information on the safety apparel, cleaning tools, and personal hygiene products needed in the event of a hurricane or other natural disaster."
Because hurricane awareness and preparedness are two ways to help reduce the effects of a hurricane, the company has included the following information on its Web site:
- Recommended guidelines on how to prepare for a hurricane, from the National Hurricane Center.
- Details on the kinds of protective equipment needed by workers in hurricane flood response situations, from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Hurricane tracking information via the National Hurricane Center Web site.
- Ways to protect hurricane relief workers from biological hazards as well as other hazards associated with severe weather cleanup and eco-remediation efforts, such as mold and infectious diseases.
- Information on hand protection for cleanup and remediation work.
- Suggestions on how to maintain personal hygiene in a severe weather situation.
- Cleaning task product recommendations.
For more information about the Kimberly-Clark Professional Safety Business and its KleenGuard Brand products, visit www.kc-safety.com or call 1-800-255-6401.