Environmental Protection Announces New Product of the Year Winners
The 2018 New Product of the Year contest attracted a record number of entries, with many of the products winning accolades from the three independent judges. Two companies won multiple awards.
Environmental Protection recognized the winning companies in its 2018 New Product of the Year contest on April 23. The contest attracted a record number of entries, with many of the products winning accolades from the three independent judges. Two companies won multiple awards.
"This was the second year we conducted this contest in the spring, and environmental companies responded strongly with high-quality, innovative new products," Editor Jerry Laws said. "Health and Safety/Cleanup, Software/SaaS, and New Technology—Industry were very competitive categories this year, and our judges gave their highest scores to winning products in the New Technology—Industry category and also the Waste category. Our contest shows that environmental equipment manufacturers continue to do an outstanding job of meeting their customers' needs in this fast-moving marketplace."
To be eligible for the 2018 awards, products must have been introduced to the market during the past calendar year and not have been a winner of a 2017 EP New Product of the Year award in the same category being entered.
The 2018 award winners, the categories in which they won, and their winning products are:
- EXAIR Corporation: Energy Management, Digital Flowmeter with Wireless Capability
- Cority Software Inc.: Environmental Management, Applicability Assessment
- Cority Software Inc.: Waste, Waste Management Module
- Andax Industries LLC: Health and Safety/Cleanup, Andax Xtreme Shell® Containment System
- Envirosight: New Technology—Industry, Quickview airHD 2.0
- ERA Environmental Management Solutions: Software/Saas, Risk Management Platform
- BEG Group LLC: Soil & Groundwater, PBS Switch Chinking
- ParkUSA®: Wastewater, High Flow Oil Stop Valve
- ParkUSA®: Water, EleVader EX
- ParkUSA®: Green Technology, Model BFF Interceptor
Envirosight's Quickview airHD 2.0 and Cority Software's Waste Management Module earned the highest scores among all entries. One of the judges, freelance writer Fred Elliott of Austin, called Envirosight's updated Quickview "very impressive and extremely useful for sewer inspections" and commented that the Cority Software module does everything that companies need in order to efficiently manage their waste streams and remain compliant.