OHS SuperCast October 2, 2014
These three important safety topics are squarely in OSHA’s enforcement sights, as shown by more than $500 million in penalties the agency issued in four cases in July and August 2014 alone:
- Buffalo, NY: $161,100, violations included obstructed exit routes and improperly stored oxygen cylinders
- Joliet, IL: $134,400, multiple violations included confined space
- Tulsa, OK: $170,500, violations included unguarded ladder floor openings and unguarded, open-sided floors
- Newark, NJ: $101,300, violations included ladder fall hazards
Three experts on these topics will present one-hour webinars during this Oct. 2, 2014, OH&S Supercast. Sign up now to learn about best practices in all three areas from:
- Walter S. Beattie, CSP, CFPS, CSHM, president of Beattie Fire Protection & Risk Consulting, LLC
- Al Keiss, MS, CFPS, CSP, OHST, CHST, STS, EMT-P, of Med-Tex Services, Inc.
- Chuck Paulausky, CHMM, president of CPSE, LLC
At this webinar, we will review the requirements of NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems. Knowing the minimum requirements will help enable you to verify and evaluate the service being performed on your water based fire protection systems.
DuPont™ Nomex® -- Proven. Predicable.
The webinar will provide a brief history of the development of the standard, compliance guidance audit expectations and some standard compliance along with identification of consensus standards supporting worker protection
practices, including reference to the impending 29 CFR 1926.1200, Confined
Spaces in Construction Standard if published prior to webinar, and the new National Fire Protection Standard 350, Safe Work in Confined Spaces.
Through this presentation, the speaker hopes to clarify the differences, and how the General Industry and Construction regulations are applied to those workers not involved in “construction” work.
BlueWater Manufacturing, Inc
Kee Safety, Inc.
Duration: Each Webinar is 1 Hour