IOSH Appoints New Board Member for INSHPO
He is Vincent McNeilly, chief of HSE and security of AkzoNobel's Marine and Protective Coatings Business Unit, who has more than 17 years' experience as a health and safety practitioner.
IOSH, the UK-based Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, has appointed Vincent McNeilly, CFIOSH, as its new representative on the board of directors of the International Network of Safety and Health Practitioner Organizations (INSHPO). IOSH is a 37,000-member professional organization with members in 85 countries, while INSHPO has as its members some of the largest national professional organizations -- including the American Society of Safety Engineers.
McNeilly is chief of HSE and security of AkzoNobel's Marine and Protective Coatings Business Unit. He was appointed IOSH Research Committee chair in 2003, has a background in chemistry, and more than 17 years' experience as a health and safety practitioner, according to the IOSH announcement.
"I'd like to express my warmest gratitude to Paul for his major contribution to the success of INSHPO. He played an important part in setting it up and has seen it grow tremendously over the last nine years," said IOSH Chief Executive Rob Strange. "I wish Vince all the best with his appointment to the board of directors, and I look forward to seeing INSHPO continue to flourish."
Besides IOSH and ASSE, other INSHPO members are:
- Associazione professionale Italiana Ambiente e Sicurezza (AIAS), Italy
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE)
- China Occupational Safety and Health Association (COSHA)
- Industrial Foundation for Accident Prevention (IFAP), Australia
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health Management (IOSHM), Mauritius
- Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency (KOSHA)
- Korean Industrial Safety Association (KISA)
- National Association of Centres for Occupational Safety and Health (NACOT), Russia
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management (NZISM)
- Safety Institute of Australia (SIA)
- Singapore Institution of Safety Officers (SISO)
The Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals in Canada, the Board of Certified Safety Professionals in the United States, and the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health in the United Kingdom are affiliate members.