Web Site Offers Dads Advice for Work/Life Balance
Richard Castellini, vice president of Consumer Marketing at CareerBuilder.com, offers the following tips to help working dads gain a healthy balance between their work and home lives:
- Stay in touch--check in periodically with the family.
- Work from one household calendar--consider putting up one calendar in the house that everyone can access and update.
- Pull out your work only after the sun has gone down--when you are at home, your focus should be on your children.
- Schedule time--schedule activities with them each week.
- Invite your family to your office--block off some time for your family to stop by and see where you work and meet your co-workers.
More than a third of working dads (37 percent) said they would leave their job if their spouse or significant other's income could comfortably support the entire family, CareerBuilder.com's annual Father's Day Survey finds.