ACHMM Calls for EHS&S Papers
The Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers is making its first call for cutting-edge environmental, health, safety and security projects or case study papers for presentation at the organization's annual national conference next September. Project or case study papers may be submitted by all EHS&S professionals. ACHMM membership is not required, and the deadline for abstracts is Jan. 16.
ACHMM is seeking papers in seven different tracks as well as those that address new or significant issues in hazardous materials management. The seven tracks are:
- EHS&S Management and Management Principles;
- Safety and Industrial Health;
- Waste Minimization / Pollution Prevention / Green Facilities;
- Developments in Emergency Preparedness, Response and Homeland Security;
- Environmental Actions;
- Regulatory Requirements, Updates and Legal Trends; and
- New and Emerging Technologies / International Issues / Developing Countries / University Research Projects.
Abstracts of up to 250 words and a 50-word presenter biography should be submitted electronically via the specified link on the ACHMM Web site at www.achmm.org. The abstract should include presentation title, three to five keywords, track title from above and contact information for the presenter: name, title, organization, address, telephone, fax and e-mail address.
A panel of ACHMM judges will evaluate the abstracts on relevance, completeness, timeliness, originality, applicability and technical merit. ACHMM's 2008 National Conference--Navigating the Future of EHS&S--is scheduled for Sept. 7-10 at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis at Nicollet Mall in Minneapolis. Selected presenters will share topics of interest to nearly 1,000 EHS&S and hazardous materials management professionals.