Don't risk your life to save a few dollars! In January 2016, a young woman suffered severe burns and subsequently died from her injuries in a coffee stand explosion in Everett, Washington. The explosion was caused by a refilled propane DOT 39 cylinder (1 lb. bottle) that was stored inside the stand. The U.S. Department of Transportation's PHMSA cautions the public to never refill DOT 39 cylinders, such as the 1 lb. cylinders used for camping. These types of containers were not designed to withstand the stresses of emptying and refilling.