Submission Deadline Nears for Preparedness Summit
Event organizers are sounding the call for abstract submissions, due on Aug. 31, for the Public Health Preparedness Summit to be held Feb. 18-20, 2009 in San Diego.
The theme for this year's event is "The Changing Face of Preparedness: Building and Sustaining Public Health Capacity for Disaster Response." The summit is one of the largest conference for public health and emergency preparedness professionals offering a variety of plenary, panel, and poster presentations, roundtable discussions, and interactive workshops with the goal of improving the ability of participants to plan, prepare for, respond to, and recover from public health emergencies.
The summit plans to achieve this goal by providing sessions that enable attendees to:
- Identify the key elements for public health preparedness at the local, state, and national levels.
- Propose strategies for measuring preparedness in their states and local communities.
- Access resources to aid public health preparedness across the disaster management continuum (preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery).
- Describe evidence-based approaches to addressing challenges in public health emergency response.
- Define means to improve existing preparedness programs at all levels of government.
For more information, visit www.phprep.org.