Safety 2008 to Feature Educational Opportunities On, Off Site
The Las Vegas Convention Center's 3.2 million square feet attract much larger conferences than this one, but Safety 2008 will have more than enough meaty content to satisfy its audience. More than 200 sessions in 17 tracks are on the schedule, along with key issues roundtables and an Executive Summit. A total of 45 pre-conference (June 6-9) and post-conference (June 12-15) seminars are offered on assorted topics, such as basic electrical safety, providing expert witness testimony, lockout/tagout, and preventing strains, sprains, and pain.
Technical tours offered of the following locations are $20 each; it would be wise to visit the conference's Web site (www.asse.org/education/pdc08/) and click on the Tours & Attractions link at the top of the page to read requirements for these tours, which can include no cameras or recording devices of any kind, photo ID, and a security check:
- June 10, 9:15-11 a.m., an unspecified large construction site
- June 10, 2:15-4 p.m., University of Nevada at Las Vegas campus facilities, including labs, research facilities, and a stadium
- June 11, 1:15-2:30 p.m., Las Vegas monorail system
- June 11, 9:15-11 a.m., an unspecified health care facility
- June 12, 9:15-11 a.m., Nellis Air Force Base (www.nellis.af.mil), which has the largest photovoltaic solar power plant in the United States
Expo hours are:
- Monday, June 9, 3-5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 10, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 11, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
For any last-minute questions about exhibiting, you can reach the ASSE Exposition Office at 630-434-7779.