MACOSH Meeting in Jacksonville May 20-21
OSHA will hold open Maritime Advisory Committee for Occupational Safety and Health (MACOSH) and workgroup meetings on May 20-21, 2008, at the Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk Hotel, 1515 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, Fla., 32207.
MACOSH will meet on Wednesday, May 21 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the hotel's Port Room. All workgroups will meet at the hotel on Tuesday, May 20. Following is a schedule of times and locations for the workgroups:
- The Shipyards workgroup will meet from 8 to 10 a.m. in the Tug Room.
- The Longshoring workgroup will meet from 8 to 10 a.m. in the Rope Room.
- The Cranes and Falls workgroup will meet from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Tug Room.
- The Outreach and Safety Culture workgroup will meet from 1 to 3 p.m. in the Tug Room.
- The Health workgroup will meet from 3 to 4 p.m. in the Tug Room.
The 15-person committee advises the Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health on issues relating to occupational safety and health in the maritime industries. Written comments and requests to make oral presentations may be submitted no later than May 5 to Vanessa Welch, Office of Maritime, U.S. Department of Labor, Room N3622, 200 Constitution Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20210. Presentation requests should specify the amount of time desired, the capacity in which the person will appear, and a brief outline of the presentation. Requests to speak will be granted by the Committee Chairperson as time permits.
Individuals with disabilities wishing to attend the meeting should contact Welch at 202-693-2086 no later than May 5 to obtain appropriate accommodations. Notice of the MACOSH meeting appeared in the April 25 Federal Register.