Are ergonomics and injury prevention the same thing? Is ergonomics solely about risk analysis and design, or should we also look at the pre-work and return to work elements that contribute to the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders? Certified Professional Ergonomist David Brodie will answer these questions and share how an effective ergonomics program uses a wide array of resources, tools and opportunities to drive down risk and reduce musculoskeletal injuries in the workplace. You’ll hear firsthand examples from the program launched at Cargill, Inc. to highlight how a comprehensive program comes together, and continues to grow.
You’ll learn how to:
• Recognize where the risk of MSDs exists in your organization
• Identify resources and tools that can be used to limit risk and injuries
• Discuss differences between ergonomics and MSD prevention
• Identify MSD control levels
• Create a targeted effort to reduce MSDs to an even greater level
David will touch on highlights of the upcoming ErgoExpo and give you tips on how to get the most out of the event!