OSHA Top 10 for FY 2022 Announced at NSC
Fall Protection, general requirements is number one for the twelfth year in a row.
- By Sydny Shepard
- Sep 20, 2022
It’s that time of year, again! Safety professionals packed in tight at National Safety Council’s 2022 Safety Congress & Expo in San Diego, Calif. on Tuesday, Sept. 20 to see the unveiling of the newest list of the Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standards from OSHA for fiscal year 2022.
During the presentation titled, “OSHA's Top 10 Violations,” moderated by Safety + Health magazine Associate Editor Kevin Druley, Director of OSHA and Directorate of Enforcement Programs Patrick Kapust announced the newest list as follows:
- Fall Protection, general requirements (29 CFR 1926.501) - 5,260 violations
- Hazard Communication Standard, general requirements (29 CFR 1910.1200) - 2,424 violations
- Respiratory Protection, general industry (29 CFR 1910.134) - 2,185 violations
- Ladders, construction (29 CFR 1926.1053) - 2,143 violations
- Scaffolding, general requirements, construction (29 CFR 1926.451) - 2,058 violations
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout), general requirements (29 CFR 1910.147) - 1,977 violations
- Powered Industrial Trucks, general requirements (29 CFR 1910.178) - 1,749 violations
- Fall Protection - Training Requirements (29 CFR 1926.503) - 1,556 violations
- Eye and Face Protection (29 CFR 1926.102) - 1,401 violations
- Machinery and Machine Guard, general requirements (29 CFR 1910.212) - 1,370 violations
This is preliminary data from Oct. 1, 2021 through Sept. 6, 2022.
Sydny Shepard is the former editor of Occupational Health & Safety.