OSHA's Top Ten Violations for 2016 Announced at NSC
Fall protection was at the top of the list.
OSHA announced the 2016 preliminary top 10 most frequently cited safety violations for workplace safety violations at NSC day 2, with the top category including almost 7,000 violations. Patrick Kapust, deputy director of OSHA's Directorate of Enforcement Programs, presented the violations in front of a very full crowd.
"Every year the OSHA Top 10 serves as a guide for employers to address the biggest safety risks facing their employees," said National Safety Council President and CEO Deborah A.P. Hersman. "We look forward to working with employers to reduce these incidents and ensure every workplace is on a journey to safety excellence."
The top ten violations are:
1. Fall Protection, 6,929 violations
2. Hazard Communication, 5,677 violations
3. Scaffolds, 3,906 violations
4. Respiratory Protection, 3,585 violations
5. Lockout/Tagout, 3,414 violations
6. Powered Industrial Trucks, 2,860 violations
7. Ladders, 2,639 violations
8. Machine Guarding, 2,451 violations
9. Electrical Wiring, 1,940 violations
10. Electrical, General Requirements, 1,704 violations