1. Is the course easy to install, set up, or access on an Internet or intranet server using standard Internet or network protocols? Does it run properly?
2. Does the program include a sufficient amount and quality of information?
3. Does the program educate, inform, and provide insight to the viewer?
4. Is the content technically and factually accurate for the subject, discipline, or industry to which it is related?
5. Are scenarios, simulations, or exercises realistic to the actual job tasks or conditions?
6. Does the program enhance the instruction/delivery of the subject matter?
7. Do the direction, sound, editing, and photography work together and work consistently with the information to engage the viewer completely in the program?
8. Does the course present students with an overview that describes the purpose of the course and who will benefit from taking the course? Does it provide tips on how to use the courseware successfully?
9. Does the course address an overview, outline, and learning objectives for its various segments?
10. Is the course designed in a way that ensures users will learn?
11. Does the course present core competencies, performance standards, learning objectives, learning activities, and assessment activities to students in an easy-to-use, intuitive interface?
12. Does the course present syllabus information such as grading/certification policy, expectations for participation, due dates for assessments, and protocol for interaction between instructor/facilitator and students (and for students and other students)?
13. Does the course provide for instructor/facilitator/mentor feedback to student (and student-to-student feedback)?
14. Does the program capture the viewer's interest and spark discussion?
15. Does the program engage the student through novelty, humor, gaming,
testing/quizzing, discovery-adventure, and unique or surprise elements?
16. Does the program effectively and appropriately use media such as video, animation, music, narration, sound effects, and special visual effects?
17. Is the program designed for the intended audience?
18. Does it avoid being condescending, trite, pedantic, or too "cute"?
19. Are the reading and educational levels appropriate to the audience?
20. Do course materials communicate directly and consistently with the student, using the second person?
21. Is the program attractive and appealing to the eye and ear?
22. Are there large variations in volume between sound elements?
23. Are there large variations in quality among the various graphics, animations, or motion video elements?
24. Does the user have ample opportunity to engage program elements through his or her own input?
25. Does the program encourage just-in-time learning, question-answer, and problem-solution problem solving?
26. Does the course include and support learning activities that teach students, not just test them ("discovery learning")?
27. Does the course include a significant amount of practice activities for students?
28. Does the course include interactive learning aids, such as glossary and performance checklist tools?
29. Can users determine their own path through the program?
30. Does the course present clear, user-friendly instructions to the student regarding navigation in the multimedia learning environment?
31. Is there appropriate use of icons and/or clear labels so users don't have to read excessively or take tutorials to determine program options?
32. Is some type of evaluation used?
33. Does the course include performance assessment tasks with a supporting scoring guide?
34. Is mastery of each section's content advised before student proceeds to the next sections?
35. Is demonstrated performance required?
36. Does the student get a different assessment experience if the activities are repeated? (That is, are assessments programmed to randomize, or vary based on performance?)
37. Are student performance data recorded, such as time to complete, question analysis, and final scores?
38. Is the data forwarded to the course manager automatically?
39. Are report printouts available?
40. Does the course provide for innovative approaches to teaching and learning?