- HAND PROTECTION: Get Acquainted With EU Safety Glove Standards
- HAND PROTECTION: Help Protect Hard-Working Hands from Occupational Skin Disorders
- VISION PROTECTION: Keys to Preventing Eye Injuries
- INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE: Infrared Sensors Shine a New Light on LEL Combustible Gas Measurement
- INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE: Whole Air Sampling: No Pump, No Problem
- AEDS & CPR: New California AED Laws: Bull Rush From the Bear State?
- AEDS & CPR: New First Aid and CPR Guidelines: Step In to Save a Life
- ERGONOMICS: Utilizing Technology in Manual Material Handling and Safe Lifting
- MACHINE GUARDING: Solving a Tough Guarding Challenge
- DRUG TESTING: Marijuana Use and Its Impact on Workplace Safety and Productivity
- DRUG TESTING: Trends in Marijuana Legalization: A Wake-Up Call for Employers
- RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: Common Questions Safety Managers Ask About Using ESLIs for Organic Vapors
End-of-service-life indicators have the potential to help organizations minimize lost time, reduce workers' compensation costs, and help save on equipment costs.
Prevent Blindness America reports that 90 percent of the more than 2,000 eye injuries occurring each day are preventable through the use of protective safety eyewear.
With the passage of S.B. 658, an informed plaintiff’s attorney will be able to lodge a very credible argument that the onus placed upon AED owners to qualify for Good Samaritan protection is no longer significant.
Just one case of occupational dermatitis can cost an employer approximately $3,500 in workers' compensation claims and an average disability of 23.9 days, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association.
Industrial use of exoskeletons is just starting to be explored.
Traditional grab sampling methods require supplementary devices such as electric pumps, batteries, charging devices, calibrators, tubing, connectors, and auxiliary equipment.
The guard would have to be manufactured from a material that could withstand a catastrophic electric or fire event so that the smoke from the guard would not damage the electrical equipment in the building.
The classification of a glove in a particular test is usually defined as one of a series of performance levels. It is left to the user, following a suitable risk assessment exercise, to select a glove with a suitable profile.
It is critically important for instrument users to understand what the sensors in their instrument cannot properly measure, as well as what they can.
Weakening or removing employers’ rights for a safe and drug free workplace ultimately threatens all of us.
The latest CPR guidelines highlight how quick action, proper training, use of technology, and coordinated efforts can increase survival from cardiac arrest.
Despite the safety and productivity risks associated with marijuana use, the drug is increasingly seen as socially acceptable and its dangers may be marginalized.
People are typically uncomfortable with change. That's why making things happen entails dealing with others' fears.
Far too many organizations are still focused on activities and rates.
The strategy is to establish a pilot interim storage facility that mainly will accept used nuclear fuel from reactors that have already been shut down; a larger interim storage facility; and one or more long-term geologic repositories.