Leading edge technology, exceptional educational programs and networking opportunities are among the attraction to attend the IAHSS 44th Annual General Membership Meeting and Seminar, to be held in the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. Slated for May 6 through May 9, 2012, healthcare security professionals from around the globe will come together to learn best practices to improve security programs within hospitals and health centers. From workshops to internationally known speakers, attendees will share experiences, exchange ideas and engage discussions relating to security and healthcare.
Presentations will cover topics such as:
• Workplace Violence: The Healthy and Safe Healthcare
• Designing Security In and Getting It Right
• A Model for Predicting Average Numbers of Hospital Security
Based On Statistically Validated Parameters
• Trends in Prisoner Patient Security: What We Know, What You
Need To Do
• How to Mitigate An Active Shooter Threat
• Best Practices Sessions – Elopement Prevention and Violence
• Leadership Principles for Leading in the 21st Century
And, as part of this annual event, the International Healthcare Security & Safety Foundation (IHSSF) will present their Awards Banquet and Presentation. During this program, IHSSF will recognize 16 individuals, two healthcare institutions and one Chapter for overall excellence and exceptional contributions in the fields of healthcare security, safety and risk management.
For more information regarding IAHSS or IHSSF, please visit their official websites at www.iahss.org or www.ihssf.org.