New Members of Advisory Committee for Construction Safety and Health are Announced
The U.S. Department of Labor announces 15 new people have been appointed to serve on the committee.
- By Shereen Hashem
- May 28, 2021
15 new individuals were chosen to serve as members on the Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health by the U.S. Secretary of Labor, Marty Walsh. The ACCSH provides advice and assistance to the help the secretary on occupational safety and health in construction standards.
According to a press release, members will serve two-year terms and represent the interests of the public, employers, employees as well as the state and federal government.
The appointed members include the following, shared from the press release:
Five employee representatives:
• Cheryl M. Ambrose, United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the U.S. and Canada.
• Christina Trahan Cain, North America’s Building Trades Unions.
• Wayne J. Creasap II, International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers.
• Ryan Papariello, Laborers Health and Safety Fund of North America.
• David Wysocki, International Masonry Training and Education Foundation.
Five employer representatives:
• Kevin Cannon, Associated General Contractors of America.
• Julie Carter, Roy Anderson Corp.
• Fravel E. Combs, M.A. Mortenson Company.
• Greg Sizemore, Associated Builders and Contractors.
• Wesley L. Wheeler, National Electrical Contractors Association.
Two public representatives:
• Christopher Fought, Merck.
• Ronald Sokol, Safety Council of Texas City.
Two state government representatives:
• Christopher Scott Mabry, North Carolina Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Division.
• Charles Stribling, Kentucky Labor Cabinet Department of Workplace Standards.
One federal government representative designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services secretary:
• G. Scott Earnest, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
Christina Trahan Cain will serve as the ACCSH chair.
Learn more about the ACCSH here.
Shereen Hashem is the Associate Content Editor for Occupational Health & Safety magazine.